The Expo 2015 World Exposition 2015 in Milan, with the theme "Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life" takes place in Milan from May 1 to October 31, 2015. Exposure takes place in an area located in the north-west of the Milan occupying an area of 110 acres, adjacent to the exhibition center Fiera Milano center opened in 2005 and designed by Massimiliano Fuksas, the famous Italian architect.
The exhibition area of this international event includes part of the territory of the town of Rho and only a few kilometers from the center of Milan. The design of the Exhibition site of Expo Milano 2015 was carried out by Expo 2015 SpA with the support of internationally renowned architects such as Stefano Boeri, Ricky Burdett, Mark Rylander and Jacques Herzog Swiss. The project pays particular attention to the landscape and open spaces, in line with the theme of the World Expo 2015.
Fiera Milano Rho, thanks to its proximity to the city and the airports of Milan Linate, Malpensa and Orio al Serio Airport is easily accessible both locally and internationally. The connection system offers significant possibilities thanks to the subway line, the three tracks adjacent highway and the railway line that provides both high speed and regional lines.
For inputs and outputs from the exhibition site, there are two major walkways for visitors. A walkway, 350 meters, connects the Expo with Cascina Merlata and may be used by visitors and by professionals. The other walkway connects Expo Milano 2015 Fair with a total distance of 500 meters and will be for the exclusive use of visitors.
You can reach the trade fair with the red MM1 underground line, direction and stop Rho-Fiera Milano. The line connects the area of the Fair to the city's public transport system and the city center. With the red MM1 underground line you access the Site from access Exhibition South West.
You can not use a city ticket, but you can choose between various types of tickets. Tickets are available at authorized retailers, ATMs Point (present in the subway stations of the Cathedral - Central - Cadorna - Garibaldi - Loreto - Romolo) and ticket machines found in all subway stations. All tickets are valid for travel in the Municipality of Milan on ATM transport on the routes operated by Trenord, including the underground railway to the station in Milan Certosa. The routes operated by Trenord, including loop, you can make only one trip within the validity of the ticket.
For more information: www.atm-mi.it
The exhibition area of Expo 2015 is located adjacent to three motorways, the A4 (Turin - Venice), A8/A9 motorway (Milano-Laghi) and the West Ring. The motorway network is provided with confidential access routes to the fairgrounds, local traffic will be so unencumbered by direct means the Expo Milan 2015.
- Coming from the A4 motorway towards Venice or the ring road west towards the north, the output is >> Fiera Milano
- Coming from the A4 motorway towards Turin output is >> Pero-Fiera Milano
- Coming from the north A8/A9 direction the output is >> Fiera Milano
The railway connection with the Website Expo 2015 is guaranteed by the Rho Fiera Station at the East Gate entrance of the exhibition center (access Nord Ovest). The high-speed trains will provide unexpected outages in Rho Fiera in order to offer visitors this modern and fast connection. Stop the train to Rho Fiera Milano also some interregional trains of the Turin-Novara-Milan departing from Milano Centrale, Milano Porta Garibaldi, Torino Porta Nuova and Porta Susa. There will also be a shuttle bus service that connects the train station to the train station of Rho to Rho-Fiera Milano (stop on the "square north").
For more information: www.trenitalia.com
The station Rho Fiera Milano can also be reached by 9 city stations of the "Passante Ferroviario": Certosa, Villapizzone, Lancetti, Porta Garibaldi Passante, Porta Venezia, Repubblica, Dateo, Porta Vittoria e Rogoredo. Specifically, the lines of the loop are concerned:
Linea S5 Varese-Gallarate-Pioltello-Treviglio, stop Rho-Fiera Milano
Linea S6 Novara-Magenta-Milano-Treviglio, stop Rho-Fiera Milano
For more information: www.trenord.it
With the taxi service you can get to the exhibition site from access South and access East (through Passarella Expo Village).
If you want to reach the fairgrounds with a taxi it can be booked by calling one of the following telephone numbers:
Yellow Taxi tel. 02 69.69
Radio Taxi Freccia tel. 02 40.00
Taxi Blu tel. 02 40.40
Radio Taxi La Martesana tel. 02 21.81
AutoradioTaxi tel. 02 85.85
Would you like to book a private transport? CLICK HERE for Car, Minivan or Coach
The location of the exhibition allows for easy accessibility to the lombard airport system provided the airports of Malpensa, Linate and Orio al Serio.
MALPENSA Airport, to the north west of Milan, is connected to the Fair by:
- Malpensa Shuttle Bus: this is a direct service for a fee, hourly from Terminal 1, exit 6 (and from Terminal East Gate Fiera Milano). Info: www.malpensashuttle.it
- Bus Malpensabus Express Autostradale SPA: the area served by Highway SPA covers the provinces of Bergamo, Milan, Turin and Brescia. In the context of airport links, connecting Milan to Malpensa and Orio al Serio. For more information: www.autostradale.it
- Train Malpensa Express: trains connect these stations Cadorna and Milano Centrale (along this route there is also a stop at the station Garibaldi from where you can take lines S5 and S6 directed at the fairgrounds). From the Central Station you can take the subway green line MM2, make a change at Cadorna station, and get on the red MM1 underground line, direction/stop Rho-Fiera Milano. For more information: www.malpensaexpress.it
- Taxi: the taxi docks are located in the "Arrivals", ground floor, exit the Terminal 6 door 1 and door 4 of Terminal 2.
LINATE Airport, the closest airport to the city of Milan, is connected to the Fair by:
- ATM Bus 73 and the red MM1 underground direction/stop Rho-Fiera Milano. Is also possible take advantage of the 73 Express bus service that makes the same connection in a direct line with one intermediate stop in Piazza Tricolore. For more information: www.atm-mi.it
- Air Bus is the special service of ATM that connects Linate airport to the Central Station. For more information: www.atm.it
ORIO AL SERIO Airport, near Bergamo, is connected to the Fair by:
- Orio Shuttle Bus: will take you directly to the East Gate of the Fair. For more information: www.orioshuttle.it
- Bus Malpensabus Express Autostradale SPA: the area served by Highway SPA covers the provinces of Bergamo, Milan, Turin and Brescia. In the market for airport connections, connects Milan to Malpensa and Orio al Serio. For more information: www.autostradale.it